Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's Wednesday

It is hump day, and I'm feeling neutral about my week; not sure if I care if it feels like its dragging or flying by. I've been experiencing and learning new things just in the past 3 months of this new year. So many changes, yet so much familiarity. Its has definitely been an interesting year so far, but I'm not complaining; that's sooo '08 =]

I finally got a few pictures posted up after 2 weeks of returning from my spring break in lovely downtown Denver, Colorado. It was a nice change of piece of mindset. I went without my family; my usual travel party. I decided that instead of working like I always do during spring break, I'd book a trip and go with one other friend in place of my sisters who were unable to accompany me.

She and I ended up staying at the Westin Hotel... one of the great 4 star hotels in downtown... on the 17th floor of 19 total.









We walked into the room, pushed the dark green window curtains that kept the view of the city at bay, to the left and to the right, revealing a scenic city ready to be explored.






Breath taking when you're gazing into the distance of the city lights (as polluting as they can be).




My bed was comfortable for only the first night, and then I missed my very own. It wasn't firm enough, and the pillows, feather stuffed, seemed to suck my head too deep into their grasps. It was uncomfortable, but such an exciting feeling to be in a 4 star hotel, I didn't dare ask for different pillows.

And like any other tourist in a different city, I spent the a good part of my vacation week walking the streets, shopping in the shops along the 16th Street Mall, and visiting the art museums on certain given days (they were closed Mondays).



















My friend and I also rented a car for a day for a drive to Estes Park, which was about an hour northwest of the city.









GORGEOUS mountainous views.....































I've always loved Colorado; mainly for its mountain views and clean city streets, but I discovered something on the very last morning I spent gazing out the window of room #1721 in the Westin Hotel.







If ever I find a way of growing a money tree in my backyard.... I'm sooo going to own a home out here.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind words. Glad you like my work. More to come!

    As for your blog, that moon is enormous and breathtaking. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete