Sunday, March 22, 2009

To the Moon & Back

"I find myself sitting at my desk in my bedroom a lot lately with the lamplight shining from behind me, just gazing in wonder at the shadows of objects scattered around on the bare walls. What secrets do they keep and where does the mystery unfold? Still images are beautiful even as I sit and watch nothing happen. These objects shadows somehow cast an illusion that seems to entail a thought of, 'If I blink, I might miss the cup dance.' The moments I’ve captured are those I consider simple but yet intricately subjected. Most times the images are left as it stands and I work around it with my own movement of where to capture its stillness, changing the face of the image itself and manipulating the course of its shadow. I sought to seize the objects in a manner that will allow my expressions of how I feel about the image as a whole rather than the object itself."

This is where I find myself
No lips crooked enough to break or hands too rough to hold
While simple footsteps flutter across the sand
You can see they're all each their own
And through each frame you seize
I assure no beauty can escape intrinsic eyes

Journey, and shall we see
To near the galaxy and homebound
Where reality and dreams awake after all you've ever known

To the Moon & Back























1 comment:

  1. You should align your pictures some... and change your layout. It's exactly like mine!

    ReplyDelete